Teeth grinding, or bruxism, is a common condition that can lead to a range of dental and health problems. At Skinox Aesthetics, we are committed to offering effective treatments to manage and alleviate the symptoms of this condition, ensuring better oral health and overall well-being for our clients.
Bruxism is the medical term for grinding, gnashing, or clenching your teeth, often occurring unconsciously during sleep or under stress. Over time, this can lead to serious dental health issues like enamel erosion, tooth sensitivity, and even tooth loss. Symptoms can extend beyond the teeth, causing jaw pain, headaches, and sleep disturbances.
At Skinox Aesthetics, we offer a specialised treatment involving injections of a prescription-only medication into the jaw muscle. This treatment works by interfering with the temporomandibular joint’s ability to move. It doesn’t stop it moving completely but reduces the amount of unconscious movement and serves to cushion the jaw during activities like talking, eating, swallowing, and other everyday activities. This can greatly reduce the tension in the jaw and the severity of tension headaches for sufferers.
A non-surgical procedure, these injections are administered at our clinic and are usually a quick, straightforward, and effective method for treating TMJ disorder and teeth grinding. Most patients experience noticeable improvement within five days of their first treatment, although relief can take up to a week.
The Benefits of Seeking Treatment
Seeking treatment for bruxism can have several benefits:
- Preventing Dental Damage: Early intervention can prevent serious dental issues.
- Relief from Pain and Discomfort: Reducing the intensity of grinding can alleviate jaw pain and headaches.
- Improved Sleep Quality: Alleviating teeth grinding can lead to better sleep quality.
Lifestyle Changes to Complement Treatment
In addition to clinical treatments, we recommend lifestyle changes that can help manage bruxism:
- Stress Reduction: Practices like meditation, yoga, or regular exercise can help manage stress levels.
- Limiting Stimulants: Reducing intake of caffeine and alcohol can diminish the likelihood of grinding teeth.
- Proper Jaw Alignment: Being conscious of jaw positioning and avoiding habits like chewing gum can reduce strain on the jaw muscles.
Bruxism, if left unchecked, can lead to a range of dental and health problems. With Skinox Aesthetics’ effective treatment, patients can look forward to a significant reduction in symptoms, improved oral health, and an enhanced quality of life. Our team is dedicated to providing the highest level of care, ensuring each patient receives a treatment plan that is tailored to their individual needs.
For more information on our treatments for teeth grinding, or to book a consultation, please contact Skinox Aesthetics at 07595 288175.